It has been a long while since I wrote something on this page. For the past days, since I upgraded my MacBook Pro to macOS Cataline 10.15.1, I have been struggling with a very annoying issue. I have not been able to log in to the new Apple Music and Apple TV apps to enjoy the subscription services that I pay for. I have now found a solution that is a good workaround for me so I want to share this with the internet and other people who struggle with the same problem as I did. No re-installation or new account creations is required!
A big shout out to Serge Rosenthaler who provided the workaround that fixed my problem to these discussions.
- Sign out of iCloud vis the System Preferences app on your Mac
- Open the Terminal application and execute the following commands
sudo -v *** enter your Mac password *** killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper
- Restart your Mac
- Open the Music app and sign in to your account via the Account menu in the menu bar
- Repeat the previous step for the TV and Podcasts apps if required
- Open system preferences and sign in to iCloud